DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT WEBSITE
PURPOSE AND CONTENT
For Braskem S.A. and its group member companies (including Braskem Netherlands B.V., Braskem Netherlands Inc. B.V., Braskem Netherlands Finance B.V. and Braskem Europe GmbH) (hereinafter jointly and individually referred to as "Braskem", "we", "us" and "our") it is an essential goal to ensure that we protect the information entrusted to us by our clients, our website visitors and all those with whom we communicate. At Braskem we are committed to upholding the highest privacy and data protection standards. This is critical for the maintenance of Braskem's reputation and for meeting the extensive legal and regulatory requirements imposed on us. We also believe it is important to be transparent when it comes to our information handling and we are committed to fulfilling the requirements under the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") as well as the relevant national GDPR implementation laws and the exercise of your rights thereunder. In this privacy statement we will use the terminology as defined in the GDPR. We will update this privacy statement regularly in order to ensure ongoing compliance with the GDPR and further developments and we advise that you check our website regularly for updates.
This privacy statement is mainly to provide information regarding how Braskem collects, processes and shares your personal data. This privacy statement also sets out the various rights you have in relation to the processing of their personal data.
This privacy statement is not applicable to any internet websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with the Braskem group that this website may link to. We assume no liability for the contents of such third party websites.
CONTROLLER AND PROCESSOR
Braskem S.A., established in Sao Paulo, Brazil, will be considered the controller. Braskem has appointed several data processors to process personal data on its behalf and to act in accordance with the standards as required under the GDPR and the relevant national GDPR implementation laws for the purposes of providing you with our services as set out below. Data processors appointed by Braskem are also subject to the conditions set out in this privacy statement. Our contact details are set out below under the heading 'Queries and other rights'.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The personal data we process may include:
- Data related to your visit(s) on our website, data related to the devise you use to visit our website, and other information such as an IP-address;
- Basic information, such as your first (or initials) and last name, your title, position and/or the company you work for;
- Contact details, such as your postal address, e-mail address and telephone number(s) if you have submitted these to us by filling out a contact form on our website;
- Personal data relating to you that you provide to us regarding any job application through the website, such as your contact details, information regarding your job history;
- Personal data collected through cookies (see below in the Cookie section and in our Cookie Statement).
As a general rule, Braskem collects personal data directly from you (or the company you work for). However, from time to time Braskem may utilise services of third parties to collect personal data, e.g. through publicly accessible sources and registers, such as public agencies or authorities.
OBTAINMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
We obtain the personal data in the following situations:
- When you provide us with your personal data, or when you interact with us directly (by e-mail, telephone, letter or through a contact form on the website), for instance when you apply for a job or when you register for our newsletters or for other information about our company, products and services, including (press) releases;
- When we monitor our technology tools and services, including visits of our website and the e-mails which are sent to and from Braskem and/or its group companies;
- As part of our business acceptance process, namely when you (or the company you work for) enter into an agreement with us.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL GROUNDS OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We process personal data set out under the heading 'Personal data collected' above for the following purposes:
- To perform the contractual relationship with you (or the company you work for) and/or to provide and improve our products and/or services requested by you;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations and our obligations thereunder we are subject to in Brazil, the Netherlands, Germany or in other jurisdictions (for example know your customer obligations);
For purposes of legitimate interests if these do not fall within the scope of the performance of a contract with you or pursuant to a legal obligation, provided you do not have an overriding privacy interest, including:
- to manage and administer our relationship with you;
- for direct marketing purposes, among others, to identify products and services you may be interested in, to optimise our products and services and to inform you through newsletters about our products and services. You will always have the option to opt-out of any such communications. If required by law, we will only use your personal data for those purposes upon your prior consent;
- to provide and improve our website by generating statistics regarding the use of the website;
- to handle your job application or subscription to any of our recruitment services or events; and
- to perform (statistical) research;
- We may process your data for other specific purposes upon having obtained your consent (and if required explicit consent).
We only process your personal data for the above purposes and ensure that it is only available to those people who have a legitimate need to know and who would require access to it.
At this time we do not process personal data via automated decision making nor do we engage in profiling.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with the below third parties or successors thereof:
- Entities in the Braskem group of companies, such as Braskem´s affiliates Braskem Netherlands B.V., Braskem Netherlands Inc. B.V., Braskem Netherlands Finance B.V. (the Netherlands), Braskem Europe GmbH (Germany), Braskem America Inc (US) and Braskem Idesa SAPI (Mexico), agents and service providers, as well as our legal representatives;
- Our auditors; only upon their request and provided the request has been submitted on legitimate grounds;
- The national data protection supervisory authorities;
- Any competent courts and judiciary authorities pursuant to data protection disputes.
Disclosures to an entity as set out above may entail that we are required to transfer your personal data to countries which do not meet the standard of having an adequate level of protection, including countries such as Brazil, Mexico and the United States of America. In such case we have procedures designed and in place to ensure compliance with the applicable data protection laws to protect your personal data. For transferring personal data within the Braskem group, the relevant group companies have entered into a data transfer agreement based on the EC Standard Contractual Clauses.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Braskem has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing.
We will only retain personal data about you for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Personal data will be retained in accordance with our retention policy. The retention period for each category of personal data is based on applicable statutory requirements and the purpose for which the information is collected and used.
QUERIES AND OTHER RIGHTS
Data Subjects have rights under the GDPR regarding any personal data which we process. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to your personal data.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Erasure. Delete your personal data (right to be forgotten).
- Export. Export/transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice (data portability).
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal data that impacts your rights.
- Consent. If processing of your personal data was based on your consent for a specific purpose, you may always withdraw your consent for that purpose. No legal restrictions apply in this respect.
If you have any questions, remarks, requests or complaints regarding the collection or use of (your) personal data or regarding this privacy statement, you can contact Braskem at http://www.braskem.com.br/europe/contact-us . Moreover, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
The data protection officer for Braskem Europe GmbH can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and may also be contacted for data protection matters in relation to Braskem in other European jurisdictions.